- Business Formation
- Business Governance
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Leases
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Placement Securities
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Purchases & Sales
B.A., Economics and History, University of California, Berkeley
J.D., Stanford Law School
Jeff has the privilege of advising business owners on complex issues and representing them in high stakes matters. His education, background, and experience make him a trusted adviser to his clients. After graduating from college, Jeff worked as a financial analyst in Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division in Silicon Valley. The tragic events of September 11 motivated Jeff to defend his country, and he joined the Army to lead soldiers as an Infantry Officer. Jeff served in the Army for five years, and afterwards, he attended Stanford Law School. He then moved to Portland, Oregon and began practicing law as a commercial litigator, representing clients in state and federal court. Jeff now practices business law, where the skills he developed as a financial analyst, Army Officer, and litigator serve him well.
Jeff has an unwavering commitment to excellence, a sharp attention to detail, and strong leadership skills. He has helped his clients with operating agreements, corporate bylaws, complex commercial contracts, executive compensation, employment agreements, purchases and sales of businesses, investments in exempt securities, commercial leases, purchases and sales of real estate, license agreements, promissory notes, loan agreements, and more.
- Drafted and negotiated commercial leases for landlords and tenants in a wide variety of
industries, including financial services, manufacturing, retail, restaurants, technology, and
- Advised buyers and sellers in the purchases and sales of numerous businesses, including
restaurants, healthcare providers, HVAC services, software, technology, and real estate.
- Represented buyers and sellers in commercial real estate transactions.
- Prepared operating agreements, articles of incorporation, bylaws, stockholders’ agreements, and
other organizational documents for limited liability companies, corporations, and partnerships.
- Advised investors in exempt securities offerings.
- Created and implemented equity incentive plans for restricted stock, stock options, and
partnership profits interests.
- Drafted commercial contracts, including consulting agreements, revenue sharing agreements,
distribution agreements, real estate license agreements, and brokerage agreements.
- Protected clients’ intellectual property with confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements,
invention assignment agreements, and trademark license agreements.
- Prepared employment agreements and termination and severance agreements.
- Volunteer pro-bono attorney for the Clark County Volunteer Lawyers Program (2019 – Present)
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Foundation for Vancouver Public Schools (2019-2022)
- Volunteer pro-bono attorney for contested restraining order hearings (2015-2016)
- Member of the Board of Directors for a local adoption agency (2012-2013)