- Business Formation
- Business Governance
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Leases
- Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Placement Securities
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Purchases & Sales
B.A., Philosophy, Reed College
J.D., University of Washington School of Law
Bryson regularly serves the wide-ranging legal needs of businesses and nonprofits in a variety of different industries. He advises and represents clients of all sizes across a broad range of issues from formation to sale, and he often serves as external general counsel for his clients. Bryson counsels his clients and leads them through mergers and acquisitions, business formation and maintenance, private placement securities offerings, real estate transactions, contract negotiation, and regulatory compliance.
Bryson also serves as an active board member for several nonprofit organizations. He focuses his volunteer work to enhance awareness concerning diversity and business development.
- Advised clients on investments and related due diligence for securities purchases.
- Advised a food production startup on a $10 million, three-stage funding round.
- Advised a client on the termination of an employee’s stock purchase rights and the repurchase of the employee’s shares.
- Designed a unique governance structure for a co-housing development company.
- Corrected legal compliance issues related to a company stock sale.
- Facilitated the conversion of investors’ interests in a client from common to preferred shares.
- Represented a real estate developer in the sale of a $90 million development.
- Represented and advised companies during investigations by state agencies.
- Negotiated commercial leases for both landlords and tenants.
- Led a team of public relations professionals and attorneys advising a nonprofit board of directors on how to navigate a large public relations emergency, that also required resolving organizational governance issues, employment issues, and government contract issues.
- Represented company owners in the restructuring of a cannabis business.
- Successfully advocated for the dismissal of BOLI investigations for civil rights and whistleblowing claims.
- Represented a company during a shareholder dispute between two owners.
- Guided many new companies through formation and the drafting of operating agreements, articles of incorporation, bylaws, stockholders’ agreements, and other organizational documents for limited liability companies and corporations.
- Represented clients in the purchases and sales of businesses in many different industries, including, among others, restaurants, construction, cannabis, HVAC services, and professional services.
- Filed and maintained trademarks.
- Prepared employment agreements as well as termination and severance agreements.
- Protected clients’ intellectual property with confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and trademark license agreements.
Chair of the Board of Directors for Williams & Russell CDC (2018 – Present)
Executive Steering Committee Member and Historic Albina Advisory Board Member for I-5 Rose Quarter Improvement Project (2020 – Present)
Member of the Board of Directors for the Soul District Business Association (2017 – Present)
Member of the Board of Directors for Business for a Better Portland (2021 – Present)
Member of the Board of Directors for A Renaissance School of the Arts and Sciences (2022 – Present)
Oregon State Bar Securities Regulation Section – Executive Committee (2020 – Present)
Oregon State Bar Diversity Section – Executive Committee (2020 – 2021)
Mentor for the Reed Leadership Academy (2016 – 2017, and 2019)
Coach for the Jefferson High School Mock Trial Team (2014 – 2019)
Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for Hatch Innovation (2017 – 2019)
Member on the Advisory Committee for Diversity and Inclusion for the Oregon State Bar (2016 – 2018)
Member of the Auxiliary Committee of the Oregon State Bar Diversity Action Council (2017)
Member and former Chair of the Business and Prosperity Forum of the Portland City Club (2014- 2017)
Presenter, Soul District Business Association, “How to Use Your Attorney” (April 2023)
Presenter, Multnomah Bar Association, “Investment Deals and Investor Litigation” (March 2023)
Presenter, Oregon State Bar Securities Regulation Section, “Investment Red Flags” (December 2022)
Presenter, Oregon State Bar Securities Regulation Section, “Understanding Securities Liability Risks to Transactional Lawyers” (December 2021)
Regular Speaker at the Lee Hecht Harrison Portland Franchising Workshop (2019 – 2021)
Presenter, Soul District Business Association, “Business Basics Series: Facts About the Eviction Moratorium” (October 2020)
Presenter, Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste, Inc., “Basic Business Legal Issues” (December 2020)
Presenter, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, “Building your Practice: How to be a Successful Associate” (October 2020)
Presenter, Soul District Business Association, “Covid Clarity Series: Facts About the Eviction Moratorium” (October 2020)
“OP-ED: Considerations for landlords as light appears at the tunnel’s end” Daily Journal of Commerce: Oregon (May 2020)
Keynote Speaker, Asian Pacific American Law Student Association (APALSA) Banquet, “Experience with Diversity in the Practice of Law” (April 2019)
Moderator/Organizer, Opportunities for Law in Oregon Orientation, “Practice Area Spotlight” (August 2018)
Presenter, Opportunities for Law in Oregon Orientation, “Importance of Networking” (August 2017)
Moderator/Organizer, Oregon State Bar New Lawyers Division, “ONLD Writing Workshop” (June 2017)
Organizer, Portland City Club Business & Prosperity Forum, “How Businesses have Adjusted to Mandatory Requirements” (February 2017)
Moderator/Organizer, Portland City Club Business & Prosperity Forum, “Women in Sports” (April 2015)
Moderator/Organizer, Portland City Club Business & Prosperity Forum, “Benefit Companies” (February 2015)